RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 11:48 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 276 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Been doing a bit more thinking and figure I might be better served if I build the fuse with 1/8" lite ply sides with lightening holes aft of the wing rather than the solid sheet balsa. A benefit of doing so would be not having to splice the last few inches of side to the rest of the structure, a minor weakness in the MKII design, especially if built as a tail dragger. The second benefit would be less tail weight, just like stick building the tail feathers. I'm thinking that, if I build it lite enough, I could get away with using an OS .35AX rather than the bigger .46AX that most would turn to. Only problem I see in using the smaller engine is it's $20 higher in price. Another possible solution to the engine would be using a Rimfire .32 Brushless. It's supposed to handle a 6lb plane and a stock built MKII supposedly weighs in at 5lbs. Just a matter now of getting the wife to sign off on this little project
Hey Hydro if you are going to entertain electric check one of these. You will get more bang for the buck and the company is real easy to work with. I haven't had any problems ith the motors or ESCs I have bought from them.

Leopard Power 3542/5T 1080KV Outrunner Brushless Motor
Leopard Power 4250/5.5T 800KV Outrunner Brushless Motor
Power Up 46 Sport 620kv 1000 Watt Brushless Outrunner
Power Up 32 Sport 800kv Outrunner Brushless Motor

Here are a few ESCs that would probably work too.
Sky Power 60A ESC with Switchmode BEC
Hifei 60A ESC with Switchmode BEC
Sky Power 80A ESC with Switchmode BEC