RCU Forums - View Single Post - further bluring the line
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 07:18 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jester_s1
So here's an idea. Hanson is our President, properly elected through a democratic process according to our bylaws. He's distinguished himself in our hobby and in service to the AMA. He knows the AMA better than any of us on RCU do, and he has leadership experience and skill. So why not listen to his reasoning, give his ideas a chance? You might still disagree when it's all done. He might be wrong. But then again maybe not. He may have this thing thought out several moves farther than any of us do, and he definitely knows about circumstances that affect the hobby that we'll never do the research to know …. To stay as we are will only result in our current course continuing, which means the end of the AMA in aother 15 years or so.

How’s the view from that high horse? I guess all us ungrateful serfs should genuflect thrice daily toward Muncie and be thankful that such nobility exists!

I guess we serfs should all ignore the highly irregular and some feel unethical use of the magazine to undermine a candidate?

I guess we serfs should ignore the that this nobility, through their knowledge “about circumstances that affect the hobby that we'll never do the research to know,” has presided over a decade long decline in revenue? (chart 1)

I guess we serfs should ignore that while revenue dropped, the nobility kept staff expenses constant? (chart 2)

I guess we serfs should ignore that while revenue was declining, and staff expenses not reduced, that the percentage of executive compensation compared to all staff costs quadrupled? (chart 3)

I guess us serfs should ignore that the nobility have done nothing to advance the court case they filed years ago – one filed with our money? I guess us serfs should ignore that under this nobility’s leadership, “the conversion rate on youth members is extremely low,” and “open adult membership renewals are on the decline,” and “here was a decline in the Senior adult membership 2015 to 2016?” (Nov 16 EC minutes)

I guess we serfs should ignore that the nobility spends 3 times as much on office expenses as they spend on fields where we serfs fly? (chart 4)

I guess we serfs should ignore that the nobility has been unable to stem declining Model Aviation subscription and advertising revenue? (charts 5 and 6)

So it appears that we’re just a bunch of ungrateful peasants and don't see that wisdom of the nobility. We're too stupid to understand that declining revenue and other negative trends is part of a grand strategy. Yeah, sign me up for more of those good ideas! We can see how well they're working already. I don’t know that the organization can stand much more of this knowledge “about circumstances that affect the hobby that we'll never do the research to know.” We can see how well it’s working so far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Total Revenue Trend.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2250474   Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA Revenue vs Salary Trends.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	2250475   Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA Executive Compensation Percentage.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.7 KB