RCU Forums - View Single Post - further bluring the line
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Franklin, After seeing your graphs above, I can't help but ask a few questions:
1) If two people are being paid over a quarter million dollars between them and the AMA has paid at or above $2,000,000 per year in salaries for at least the last 13 years, how much is being paid to everyone else individually and how many people are on paid staff?
2) I know Jester's AMA number is 891050, so there have been at least that many members. How many actual members are there now and does it justify the number of paid staff members?
3) Does the amount of lobbying justify the amount of staff since we've seen little in the way of results through the lobbying process over at least the past couple of years?
I don't know how many people are on paid staff, but I created a graph to show that while other staff salaries have held relatively constant, executive compensation has risen. As for the members, I don't know how many there are. But one thing is clear, the membership revenue is in constant decline except around those years when they announce increases. That leads me to believe the total number of paying members is in steep decline. On the lobbying, their IRS 990s show a max of $65,000 in any one year.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA Salaries vs. Exec Compensation.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	2250760   Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA Exec Comp vs Total Revenue.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	2250761