RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jemco 40 Fun Scale Mustang
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 11:03 AM
Sandnat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jemco 40 Fun Scale Mustang

Been wanting to revisit this bird for a long time. Jay (Big Stickflyer) has a thread up about plans for it and it appears there are a lot of guys out there that built one back in the day.

C/P from the post I put on the thread Jay started:

Great to find a tribe of Mark's 40 size Mustang fans! I found a kit of it a year or so ago and just started a counterfeit version of it. Traced and cut all the parts and got a cabinet shop buddy to duplicate that kinda oddball gear bock out of a piece of ash. Going to hand off the original kit off to my son and he is going to build an electric version. It was my second build back in the 80's I loved that little airplane. 40 FP in it and I flew the snot out of it. Didn't fuel proof the nose well enough and it was nearly rotted off when I clocked a tree with it. Re built it, with a new nose, sheeted most of the wing, and added mechanical retracts. Then flew the crap out of it for several more years before I moved on. Still have it's carcass up in the attic. Couldn't bare throwing it away. Figured a survivor like that deserves better than a garbage can
I plan to do a bolt on wing and power it OS 46 FX. All I know for sure on mods so far..

Sooo....Here is the starting point. My complete counterfeit kit is on the left less the canopy. The wood used for the copy came out 54 grams lighter than the kit parts when I compared the totals for the two parts groups

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20171231_1154551_zpsjekchpew.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	2251033  

Last edited by Sandnat; 01-14-2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: clarity