RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kavalier
Thread: Sig Kavalier
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 06:56 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CARS II
Michael, the short story of the K goes like this, the Kavalier was given to me by a friend nearly 20 years ago, he build it and then he stopped and gave it to me some twenty years ago, later I give it to a friend a year later, that friend kept it for 19 years didn't do anything with it and give it back to me about a year ago so, it makes it a new 30 years old airplane that flys great, then I decided to build it during spring, I got to fly it a few times, it's a great flyer but it needed a new home, someone that will enjoy it more than me since I have other projects I need to finish and I'm also flying bigger airplanes, gas airplanes with 35cc engines and bigger.

The new owner ( owner #4, club member ) is having tons of fun flying the K, the K has a new 40 FP and it looks like it is the perfect engine for it.

That K needed to be build and flown after been framed up so many years ago and it did, proudly

Here is a picture of the project I'm working on, a Nick Ziroli Turbinator, I started this build in 2008 and planning to complete it by Feb 2018, nearly 10 years since I glue the crouch together, aI basically build 90% of it in Jan/Feb and now I'm getting all together, getting ready to monokote by the end of Jan 2018.

I'm also picking up my next project from BTE near Medford, OR by next week, Reaction 54 ( 4 hours away from Sac ) next project's picture.
Hi Carlos, is this an Electric Ducted Fan airplane? Looks great almost similar but to the GP Patriot which I had many years back.I let tt go with my Rossi 45 and and an OS 46sf which I should have never let go.
Take Care
Michael Johnston
Thank You