RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Seagull Westland Lysander*
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:40 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UK Warbird Guy
Quick Question guys and a silly one considering where I am with my build but.... The wing struts did your have holes already drilled in them that correspond with the holes in the wing ? Mine do not and where as I have drilled mine Im not convinced they are in the correct place as the holes are a pain to line up.
There are no holes in the tops of the struts... You have to locate and drill them yourself... And this doesn't match the manual, much like the CG in the manual doesn't match anything...

I took 4 3mm cap screws, lopped of the heads, chucked them up in my drill press and filed the cut end into a point. I used these in the wing holes to make dimples where I thought the struts should match. Mine are not perfect, but they are only off by a bit so mounting for flight is not a bad at all. The bottom of the struts on the spats -- that is much more painful... The limited access under the bracket (along the spats), and the fact that the bracket angle is a little off from where the struts want to be when attached to the wing, make getting that screw started really painful. This attachment is my only complaint when assembling this model...