RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Seagull Westland Lysander*
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:50 AM
sailr
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UK Warbird Guy
Quick Question guys and a silly one considering where I am with my build but.... The wing struts did your have holes already drilled in them that correspond with the holes in the wing ? Mine do not and where as I have drilled mine Im not convinced they are in the correct place as the holes are a pain to line up.
Mine are not drilled either. I have spoken to others who had holes drilled in their struts. I have been pondering this for some time and it's kinda stopped my building of the aircraft. I'm afraid to get the geometry off and introduce a twist or something into a wing. The idea to cut off some bolts and grind to a point and then put into the wing and then use them to make dimples in the struts is a good one!

For the bottom of the strut, I solved that by using a machine bolt (hex head) rather than an allen head. That way I can put a small open end wrench on them to tighten. I also rounded the bottom of the struts so they can rotate down and be left attached to the fuselage. Makes life much easier!!