RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 09:35 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Boyd, so glad hearing from you. The initial shell of the seat was provided by Charlie when I first purchased the plans and the kit nearly a decade ago(SMILE). After reviewing many photos, I added to the shells, the arm rests, back supports, and seat/lap belts for the two action figures that are to sit in the seats. The pilot's seat has the squared off support bar and the RAF Observer seat behind the pilot has the two straight posts. ????? Have no idea why.

Eric, from National Balsa, also reminded me of how long my build has taken. We were still Pylon Racing when I began this project. Needless to say, I'm truly embarrassed of the time spent, to say the least. At this point, I can only say one thing: "I have not given up on this build of the beautiful airframe - Charlie designed", I guess you stick with it like a good marriage regardless of the bumps and pitfalls along the way. But I finally feel like I am in the final lap of this race. I pray to God I am. Boyd, I expect you, Noah, Larry, Peter, BobH, and others to keep kicking my butt toward the finish line, toward the maiden flight, and finally toward the 2018 AMA Sportsman Sport Scale Flight Line. Thanks to all of you. Chic