RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top-Flite 1/5th F4U Corsair ARF Group Build and modification thread
Old 01-30-2018, 04:31 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris,

You nailed it with the non-stick wood! Strangest thing! Even the glass easily peels up in the tail area, so now I suspect maybe the wood filler I used is preventing adhesion. This is in spite of my having sanded and cleaned the area before I applied the gussets.

UPDATE:

I've tried to post pics several times but it times out before my phone can upload them I've fixed this issue (fingers crossed) and have five flights since the fix. So far so good. There are two bolts holding the stab down. The front one was very loose. When tightened, the stab was more stable and also my incidence issue went away. I removed the tailcone and epoxied a piece of 1/16" carbon plate across the cross-section of the tail, including the 3 inches of the center of the stab trailing edge between the elevator torque rods and the vertical area under the rudder where the hole is for the tailcone tab. Now the stab and part of the fin are tied into the fuse with carbon plate. I reinstalled the cone and flew. Ill try to post pics again.

BTW, I wouldn't contact Tower and ask for anything until I was sure it was their fault. If I had a dollar for every time a customer came in and wanted a freebie or got mad because he sheeted his foam wing without taking the core out of the blanks first...

Last edited by Shaun Evans; 01-30-2018 at 07:26 AM.