RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJCraft Episode
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:18 PM
qx jettech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I know the Episode is a couple of generations back in the BJ Craft line of pattern planes. However, now three years after I purchased mine, I finally finished it and took it up for it's maiden flight yesterday. So here is a quick recap of the last three years.
I purchased the last ARC version that Mike at F3A had at what I thought was a killer price. When I received it I found upon opening up the box that the fuselage had extensive damaged. The bulkheads were crushed, the sides of the fuselage was cracked in several places and the belly was warped, dented and dinged. I informed Mike of the situation and showed him some photos. He said I could send it back at his cost and get something else. Because I like to tinker and build, albeit at a slow pace, I asked if there were any other options. A deal was struck that I could keep it at even a greater discounted price.
So after three years in between other projects of glassing sanding, straitening, filling, sanding glassing sanding, more sanding, and eventually painting and covering, I finished it up and as I said it flew for the first time yesterday. As I was the only one at the field I didn't get any in flight photos but I took these photos to help remember the day.
After all my work It ended up weighing 11.18 lbs. with my heavy 5400mha packs. I think with my 4600 packs I'll be under the 11 lbs. It has the Hacker Q80/13 motor with a Jeti Spin Pro 99 ESC and JR servos.
The last time I flew was last September at the D8/D7 shootout in Medford. So needless to say I was a bit nervous for this to be my first flight. Everything went great and she lives to fly another day. It fly's much different than my Integral. Now I just need to get as much stick time as I can and lots more tuning to do as I get used to this new to me airplane. Here are a few photos.
Kerry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	episode 1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	2252868   Click image for larger version

Name:	episode 2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	2252869   Click image for larger version

Name:	episode 3.jpg
Views:	89