RCU Forums - View Single Post - Screen accurate Fury
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 07:34 AM
RichJohnson

Received 376 Likes on 240 Posts

Nice squad there man. Just need one more for a whole platoon. Do you have unit markings and tank numbers on them all from the same unit?
Ive wanted to do that to mine and so far, none have come out the same unit lol.

Im just curios again, why do you want to make an M4A2 if you want a screen accurate Fury which was an M4a3E8.
My point is this, they were portraying a US Army unit that used A3s. They used an A2 as a movie prop to portray an A3. Movies do things like this all the time, take something and make it something else. The overhead shots of Fury were C'G'ed to make the engine deck look like an A3. No where other than the rear hull slope could you tell it was an A2. In all fact of the matter the "Character" of Fury was an M4a3.
Its your tank and please don't be insulted by my fact poking, Im just throwing this out there as thoughts.
IF you really want an A2E8 which is cool because nobody builds them, why not build the real tank that "Played" Fury in themovie. Down to the registration number and other minor stenciling. That would be really unique and cool.

By the way, I have a shapeways engine deck here Im cleaning up. Man their stuff is crap. The prints are so porous and course and mine came with two lines scribbed diagonally through it like it was a bad print. I puttied a lot of it and have yet to sand it. The M50 mantlet pieces I have are on like the 10th coat of primer after minor putty covering. That crap shapeways prints with just sucks to all hell. The frosted ultra detail is the only material worth using. All the rest has a sandpaper texture.