RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 05:24 PM
zrooster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BluMiniMe
Whew! I've just read all 55 pages. What a terrific resource here, everyone. I'm inspired!

I have a VQ-38 coming, and I'm searching from appropriate gas powerplants. Evolution seems to have fixed their 15GX with a new pumper carb and I even found a pitts muffler. Another consideration I'm flirting with are Valley View 20cc package. My worry here is how much one would have to destroy the cowl to make it fit and how to keep it cool. I might consider a couple of OS 70 Surpass' if I could find 2 new or rebuilt. Lastly I have two OS .46SFs in my stash but those are earmarked for another Duelist build (someday). Still I'm addicted to gassers. I have 2 30cc birds, and a twin 64cc bird. I gotta say, I find them all reliable if you follow break in and patiently test, tach, and tweak. You'll soon zero in on the best and most reliable settings for your particular application.

So, my question for the brain-trust is: 15cc or 20cc? Or is the really small gas engine technology just not there yet?
Thanks all!
Don't know, but I'm curious about the response! I was wondering the same thing...