RCU Forums - View Single Post - Calrl Goldberg Tiger 60 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 02:22 PM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

It's amazing how much time it takes just to finish-up the small details... The fuselage is now just about completed, all that's left is to spray the white on the firewall and she's ready for covering.

Here's a good tip. Run a tap through all of your blind nuts either before or after they are installed. There's nothing worse during assembly, finding that you can't thread your cap head screws in easily. Often, they are forced threaded, causing unexpected damage and problems. So, if you don't already have taps for 2-56 and 4-40 you really need to buy them. (This is more critical of the 2-56 and 4-40 tee nuts, the larger sizes don't seem to have this problem.)

I thought you may be interested in how and where I installed the remote receiver. (I'm re-using the receiver from my Spacewalker) It's mounted right behind the top of Former B, and is held in place with hook and loop tape. The wooden mount is glued to the Former and adds further strength to it. The receiver can be easily removed should the need arise in the future. The hook and loop tape also does a good job of isolating vibrations from the air-frame, so foam isn't necessary. To keep the antennas from moving and changing position, I slipped them into two plastic sleeves that have been secured to the mount. Note the rubber grommet at the base of the Former to prevent any chafing of the receiver wire.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8279.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	2255015   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8280.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	2255016   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8284.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	2255017  

Last edited by VincentJ; 02-19-2018 at 01:59 AM.