RCU Forums - View Single Post - Guinness Record improved
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:05 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DelGatoGrande
Henke, no it would not be in the game.I was being sarcastic about X47b to highlight the difference.
Even if Northrop Grumman attend to make this passes i would never describe there machine as a Model.

Guinness Records clearly state : "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft ".
Niels and Northrop Grumman X-47b machines belong in the same class and they are not models.
Our models are scale reproduction of a man-carrying aircraft .Thats why at least all have a cockpit design and they do take off and land conventionally.
As said in some Model events you even get disqualified with out a pilot figure.

Neil has build a remote controlled jet-powered aircraft. I have congratulated him for his achievement ,
but i pointed out a mistake: You cant call an X-47b a model.Or Neils aircraft just because its small.
Thats why for some of us David Shulman holds the record of the "Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered Model aircraft " .

Nothing more to say...taking off from this one.
Wow. I guess I learned something today. A plane has to have a cockpit to be a model aircraft. What are all my rc planes without cockpits? I don't know of any event you get disqualified without a pilot unless it is a SCALE Model Contest.