RCU Forums - View Single Post - Guinness Record improved
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:07 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

This thread is ridiculous. I say good on the original poster for his achievement! That is crazy fast. I'd love to have something this fast.

I am impressed as hell with the skill required to fly something this fast.
is it a fair comparison to shui with the firebird? Only in terms of skill to fly that fast.
The speed and pilots ability is incredible.

I personally still find what Shulman did with the firebird amazing though most of my amazement is in the airplane. Shulman took a model with the engine it was designed for and flew it. It wasn't a purpose built model solely designed for top speed and nothing more.
this current model is a bullet no question and while I take nothing away from the design, it is comparitively easy to build an airframe for those speeds when you doubt require landing gear, ducting etc. Bungee launch and belly landing means easier to create a clean strong airframe and strap the biggest engine possible onto it
The firebird is a different animal altogether. Not better or worse, just different.
comparing these models/ records isn't really fair, it's not a level playing field to compare them on.

both are outstanding feats and both deserving of a place in the books, perhaps just not in the same category

just my opinion.

Last edited by LGM Graphix; 02-26-2018 at 08:11 AM.