RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF SPITFIRE ASSEMBLY and SCALE DETAILING
Old 02-27-2018, 10:54 AM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMMJETT
That is just what I wanted to know . Now I know why Brian had a roll of the foam tape in the boxes that came with the plane ,He was much more a scale builder then myself and likely knew this method .So I guess I would paint the light color first and then scribe on the camo then place the foam tape and mask of what I have already painted ., He also had decals made by Mick Reeves in the UK I don't know if I should use them or have my buddy cut me some masks and paint them on . Painting all those roundels is quite the project and could end up with bleed through's if not careful . I don't know if anyone has used the Mick Reeves decals . I tried a small piece and it seems like very thin material that allows most of the detail to come through .

I will be taking some liberty with the color scheme as the plane Brian wanted is sky blue on the bottom and I am sure I would have a problem seeing it so I will be adding invasion stripes to the bottom of the plane over the blue
the top is a med sand brown and dark olive . the paint he had chosen is made by WAR BIRD COLORS , the colors have no names but that is what they look like to me .

anyway thanks so much for your advice Bob you have been a great help . cheers Roger.
You can confirm the paint colours you have through this link to War Bird Color samples.
http://warbirdcolors.com/order/