RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build a Miss Ashley - Revisited
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:54 AM
sahartman21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build a Miss Ashley - Revisited

The first flights on the Miss Ashley were uneventful. The model needed some aileron trim and some down trim to fly to my satisfaction. I also added some tail weight to increase the elevator sensitivity and quickly turn back on #1 pylon. In my opinion this version of the model, standard long nose, tracked better than the one that I shortened the nose in the earlier thread.

On race day the model flew better than I did and my first couple of races were flown very wide around #1 pylon. An adjustment was made and during the next race the course was better around #1 but I had a midair between #2 and #3 pylon. We must have just barely touched the models as I didn't realize there was a midair until I inspected my model after the race. I was missing half of the horizontal stabilizer and therefore the backup model was brought out.

Both models were fast as any that I raced. Unfortunately my flying skills were not quite up-to-par but I managed to get a 1:10 for an 11 lap race. The good thing is that I managed to finish the Phoenix QM40 Classic and bring home both of my models.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9794.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	2256709   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7910.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	2256710  

Last edited by sahartman21; 03-10-2018 at 08:34 AM.