RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trinity XXX Brushes
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 08:01 PM
KoroKoro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've read online: "They are able to reduce comm wear to that of standard brushes when compared to regular high silver brushes". However this is quite vague. I assume they're designed for use in high current applications, though from what I understand, most wear is caused by arcing and high surface temperatures when the brushes periodically short themselves out as they pass over the comm segments?
So just keeping it simple and just going by the first statement. Generally speaking, how long do people find their comms to last? (On road touring car application) I would have thought that maybe you could go through 2-3 brush sets per armature? (4~6 skims on the lathe?)
I don't actually race, so I don't really have much experience or knowledge to know how things hold up in those sort of harsh conditions. I actually prefer to just spend time doing practice laps by myself. I'm no where near fast enough to push these motors to their limits, though having said that, my choppy throttle input probably isn't very good for the motors either.
My favourite motor would have to be the Trinity D5. Spent many hours drooling over the adds in my generic RC magazine in my teenage years. They seem to be pretty hard to come by.