RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Removable Battery Tray
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 05:55 PM
rcflyer4fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK.... well here are the "Cliff Notes" and bullet points from my last post!!!

I created a new removable battery tray system that works better than I ever expected! So much so I made improvements to my prototype and had a small production run made. I have a limited number for sale if your interested. Kits are $30 each. Tray with 2 locking pins are $20 each. I may or may not produce more in the future. So get some while you can. Send inquiry's to [email protected]. I take Paypal or Postal money order... Shipping is free in the US. I will ship overseas but buyer pays for shipping and their import taxes.

EB Power Tray
  1. Tray removable in seconds in case of emergency! No need to undo Velcro straps to pull out smoldering batteries. Pull the locking pin and tray comes out. Safety is ALWAYS first! But that's not all....
  2. Durable Anodized Aluminum keeps the batteries cool when in use. Buy multiple trays and keep the batteries on the tray after each flight for rapid cooling. Your batteries will love it I promise! Weight of the tray is 42 grams.
  3. Batteries last longer maybe forever....other lithium batteries used in cars and solar systems are rated to last 10,000 cycles running down to 0% without damage. I'm guessing our batteries are not much different when treated right. Heat is a battery killer!
  4. You get more flight time out of a pack. I use to land with 20-30% left in the packs. Now I land with 35-45% left consistently. Heat build-up in the packs is lost milliamps burnt up internally. Since the power tray is constantly wicking away the heat you are left with more milliamps!
  5. The internal structure of your plane is now accessible for inspection.
  6. The batteries can be mounted in any position even vertically if you wish. If you load the batteries upside down it makes it easier to insert the locking pin.
  7. CG is repeatable flight after flight. This one should be further up the list!!!
  8. Add a little Bling Bling to the inside of your plane to match what's on the outside.
A Power Tray Kit consists of
  1. 1 Tray
  2. 2 Locking Pins
  3. 2 Carbon Rods
  4. 4 Lite Ply Mounting Donuts
  5. 4 Velcro Straps
  6. 4 Slide stoppers
A Tray by itself comes with
  1. 1 Tray
  2. 2 Locking Pins

Battery Tray Kit

Battery Tray comes with 2 locking pins