RCU Forums - View Single Post - G-mark .061 prop question
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 11:14 AM
mwohlenhaus

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So I fired it up today after getting the prop bushing thing figured out. If only for a moment just to hear it run. I noticed that when spinning the motor after I killed it that it was blowing bubbles around the right side of the rear plate (as looking at the front of the motor). It seemed to run fine for the short bit I ran it. Wondering if I need to make a new gasket for it or should I just let it soak in the fuel/oil and it will swell slightly and seal. It was a never run motor but had been mounted. In regards to mounting would I be better off using a radial mount or the beam style nylon mount. I noticed that the beam style that it was mounted to had to be modified slightly to work with the triangular crank case. A radial mount would actually let me mount the motor closer to the firewall but I have read that the plane (Sig Herr Cloud Ranger) tends to be tail heavy anyway. I also noticed that 2 of the 4 stock firewall holes in the beam mount will be blocked by the motor. Just an obvious newbie looking for some answers.