RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great PLanes Pitts SU2 Crash Pics
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 12:24 AM
shawn43068

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great PLanes Pitts SU2 Crash Pics

FINAL THOUGHTS!

Who hoooo! I'm going to pick up a new Pitts tomorrow+a brand new US Engines 42cc, a 18x10 PROP!

Everything else was pretty much salvagable? I will have to rebuild it but no biggie! I'm doing it myself this time! I will no longer buy planes and have them built!

I'm building me a table downstairs so I can get started on this right away. Thanks you all for your post.. Each and everyone of you have helped me through this with all the great advise. Most all of the messages are right in line with how we all think today. Thats great to know...

Oh, and if I did have anyone of you in here build a plane for me.... I would not expect anything, but what you would expect if I were building a plane for you. That includes not taking my plane or your plane out for a test drive without your or my permission. How simple is that?

If I was at the field and did ask you to fly my plane I would not expect if you crashed it to replace it being I ASKED YOU. Depending on the situation if you used your best judgement. Such as not doing loops 10' from the ground or anything obsurd! But if I did crash a plane for if you told me to fly or not I would CERTAINLY help you out anyway I could, and not just be like HERE...If you were new to the sport and lacked in building skills I would build the next one for you for free. Better yet teach you about planes! Lend you a plane of my own and get you flying until you get back up and running.

I'm wasn't out to hang anyone...Its pretty SAD you have to serve someone court papers to get there attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Happy flying to you all! This is a great sport...Just stay clear of situations like this and you will be fine!

On the flip side I went to a swap meet and picked me up a 2nd plane for $300.00 its a built Sig Four Star 120 with a FS 120, Tower Hobbies servos!
I used the radio out of my Pitts it flies awesome!

Last Friday I flew for my first time in a year and a half and landed it after about 3 flights on the buddy box! My legs were shaking! Its a great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42026.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	71332