RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homelite 30cc Cylinder and Piston
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 08:56 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by av8tor1977
Glad it worked out for you. I didn't think he had any for sale himself. I was just hoping his source would still have one available for you to buy.

You can't change the rod on the Homelite 25/30 cc engines without special tools, and there is no need to change it unless the rod bearing is bad anyway.

Some of the 25's had smaller cylinder mounting screws so you might need to drill out the holes in your crankcase.

If you need any other info on this swap, W8ye, a moderator here in the forums has done them. A Homey 30 is much better than the 25's.

Good luck and have fun,
Keep us posted,
AV8TOR
The rod and piston on the 30cc are new,so I won't have to do that.I exchanged cylinders on one I did and the holes were small. I thought maybe one was SAE and the other metric so I drilled and tapped it for larger one.I was thinking of golf balling the piston and stuffing the crankcase also.A WA 167 will also replace the original Zama carb. This Homelite brushcutter also has a solid shaft instead of a flex shaft.It turns a 7" Homelite Machette blade that has chainsaw teeth on it.

Last edited by Tidnab; 03-24-2018 at 08:59 AM.