RCU Forums - View Single Post - Calrl Goldberg Tiger 60 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 02:49 PM
VincentJ

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Tail wheel and tiller arm.

DLE-20RA engine fits very well. You can also see the manual choke bracket that I made.

Better angle to see the choke linkage and bracket. 4-40 rod was used for the linkage.

View of the vent tube exit and how well the spark plug cable fits. Notice the rubber grommet used to prevent any chafing of the braided wire.

Inside view of where the ignition module, throttle servo and IBEC are located.

Location of the 12oz. tank completely plumbed and secured. The tank is located over the planes CG so regardless of the tank's volume of fuel, its CG won't change. The tank is secured to its mount by the two hook and loop straps seen and another section of hook and loop tape secured from the base to the tank. No need for foam as the hook and loop tape does a good job absorbing shock and vibration.

Very easy to monitor the fuel in the tank just by looking through the canopy.

Plenty of ground clearance between the Falcon 16x8 prop and ground.

This Tiger is sporting 3-1/2 in wheels.

Good top view of my Tiger.

Bottom view, should be easy to see in the sky!

I balanced my plane today and it was a bit tail heavy even though I tried hard to keep the tail light. It took 2-3/4 ounces of lead to get her to balance with the CG set at 4-1/4". This brought the final weight shown on the display.

OK Tiger, as soon as the weather warms up and the snow melts we have a date...TBC