RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pull-Pull for rudder in 2M planes - recommendations.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:45 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pull-Pull for rudder in 2M planes - recommendations.

Hi,
I have never used pull-pull with wires for rudder in my F3A planes.
But now I will change on my Galactika plane to pull-pull since I need to move the rudder servo to the front for center of gravity reasions.
I will use lighter LiPo flight batteries in my Galactika this season so that is why I need to get my plane lighter in the tail, rudder servo
need to be moved to the front.

If You have any advice to give me (and others) that do pull-pull for the first time in a 2M F3A model please post in this thread.
I'm particular intgerested in proven suitable wire and sutable ball-links solutions. As light as possblle but without compromising needed strength.
If You know some sourses to buy the needed hardware, that is welcome also.
I have seen that Secraft has pul-pull solutions but it might be a little too beefy and heavy for our use, and Little heavy also.
I found an image (see last iimage below) on internet with a pull-pull solution that might be suitable but I do not know what brand it is.

Some photos below of my Galactika present rudder servo installation. Note that I have already good exit holes for wires in the tail, so I will use the holes that has been
used for the old rudder tubes.
It is quite much weight (plywood tray, servo Futaba BLS171SV 48 gram/1.7 oz, S.BUS2 hub+plate) in the tail on my Galactika.
I would not be surprised it is total 60 gram that will be taken out of the tail weight.
I will try to mount the rudder servo in front as much forward as it can be mounted.
The flight battery I use today weight about 1160 gram (Hacker Top Fuel Eco-X 5000 mAh).
New flight battery will probably be Hacker TopFuel ECO-X 4600 mAh Competition F3A 2017, 970 gram.
My goal is to get my Galactika close to 200 gram lighter.
/Bo

Old carbon tubes to rudder.

Present Futaba BLS171SV servo and servo arm in tail of my Galactika.

Present S.BUS2 hub in tail of my Galactika.

Rudder servo will me moved to new location somewhere between the wing adjusters.

Exemple of pull-pull hardware that might be suitable - what brand ?

Last edited by bem; 04-02-2018 at 02:11 AM.