RCU Forums - View Single Post - KAOS AND RELATED PLANES AND INFO
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 AM
kablake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I think I added too much CA. These were supposedly the top CA hinges on the market. I am building an Ugly Stik 60 at the moment and it has been close to a year I have been working on it.. LOL People keep telling me, "I could get that done in a week!!" LOL Well I am sure they could.. But I had other issues I had to deal with and I like to take my time, I installed servos in the wings that I never did and had some problems with it, took me time to figure things out. It sounds SO easy but the bottom of the wing is flat so the control rod came to the servo in a very low angle, had problems with getting it NOT to hit the slot. I also mounted the servo right behind the spar so it was relatively far from the aileron, which made the problem the worst it could be. And of course I used a standard sized servo so the control rod pivot point was deep in the wing.. Anyway, I ended up making the servo totally hidden in the wing.. Anyway, things like that made me think about things and make mods.. I enjoyed it though, It is fun!!

Last edited by kablake; 04-11-2018 at 11:18 AM.