RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAFE Rx setup questions/concerns
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:17 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Default SAFE Rx setup questions/concerns

Airplane is a new, E-Flite Apprentice S 15e with stock, SAFE/AS3X receiver - master Tx is a DX9. (Plans to use a DSM2 DX6i as a wired slave for training purposes.)

For the DX9, SAFE mode is on the 3-position, switch B; panic recovery on Bind switch I. Training transfer is on an alternate switch.

Airplane hasn't flown yet and noticed SAFE in beginner mode doesn't appear to begin working until throttle has been advanced after turning on. With airplane sitting static, only see reduction in throw/travel of control surfaces when in beginner mode; intermediate and advanced modes show no difference or reduction in travel. Is this normal?

Setup dual rates and expo on other switches and only notice changes in beginner mode; i.e. switching to intermediate or advanced mode and switching to low rates shows no noticeable reduction in throw when control surfaces move to their extremes. Is this also normal?

Also noticed control surfaces appear to "meet their stops" at some point or quit moving before the Tx stick hits it's limit in intermediate and advanced modes only. Again, is this normal operation?

Last edited by H5606; 04-13-2018 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Clarity