RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 10:39 AM
DaleCS

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by show871
Those rails are great have you seen the linear style servos to actuate it???? I may try them on mine if I ever get to it!
I hadn't but based on your comment, took a look. From what I can find, don't know how I would adapt what I've already put in. One thing, I'd want the linear servos mounted forward of the sliding canopy, for CG purposes, not behind the cockpit - useful balance weight.

Looking at the Actuonix T-16 models, maybe there would be a way to secure the servo to the front edge of the sliding canopy, above the rails I installed? But the servo arms would be visible, not hidden like the P-47 example I found. The slider from Dynamic Balsa is an H- shape - if I take the outer leg of the H off, I may be able to have it slide under the fuse sheeting, say, a 4" length extending forward of the sliding canopy, forward of the dashboard, that the hidden servo would then to?

Already starting to think about dropping features in order to get the plane flying by summer/fall. Will need to decide quickly, with a solid solution, or keep moving without them.

On my Byron version, I had tried rare earth magnets to keep the canopy closed. After several flights, ended up using a screw on either side to secure it. I could take the screws out, opening the cockpit for static display. Wasn't a museum piece, but worked and still won a crowd vote award at an ad-hoc event (the museum birds weren't there that day!).