RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAFE Rx setup questions/concerns
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:31 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Why use wired trainer?!?!? Wireless is so much easier, and it works just fine with the DX9 as the master to a DX6i.

I would set up the DX9 in P-Link Master mode. Then the DX6i is just a default model. You control the FM and panic on your DX9, the student just controls the sticks.

Andy
I happened to have a trainer cable handy to use and am set in my ways, don't like leaving the comfort zone, resistant to technological advances, was satisfied with the setup so far... but your reply got me to try something new...

So I set up the wireless trainer feature as you suggested and agree that it was easy to do; Bind process takes place without leaving the program task. Don't know if necessary but set the DX6i on an unused model-match program before binding the DX9.

Thanks very much for your help, for getting me out of the comfort zone, and for trying something new.

Another observation: tried to set up failsafe on master as "preset failsafe" with all surfaces to max right deflection, up elevator, and throttle off like I've done successfully with other Rx's. Correct me if wrong but suspect the SAFE receiver is already programmed for failsafe and cannot be changed through the traditional means; testing failsafe feature by shutting off the Tx does show slight aileron input and throttle shutoff which satisfies me for this airplane.

p.s.: For those that may search this thread for similar info and avoid any confusion that could occur, realize that I used incorrect terminology for E-flite's Experienced flight mode and called it "advanced" in my opening post.

Last edited by H5606; 04-17-2018 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Correction for terminology