RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Panzer IV build
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:22 PM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't say how many Kms have been driven, but it has basically only been driven on the Danville battlefield. What i can't figure out is why only the inside chevrons have worn off. is it simply the weight distribution of the tank where the weight is mainly focused on the inside road wheels?
As for the plastic return rollers, i have had zero problems with them. they do show wear, but nothing excessive with the metal tracks. I will post some pics of them too.
this thread has gone from a build to an upkeep and modification thread, as this tank is the 2nd oldest tank i have and continue to battle at every Danville event I attend, which is almost all of them. i think in the last 3+ years i have only missed 2 battleday weekends. And this tank has battled at Danville since 2010, so its seen a lot of use. And I hope that someone can learn something about repairing damage, adding details, and maintaining a tank for IR battling, as I think IR battling is the most intense action/use you can put your tank through.

Last edited by manchu9inf; 04-18-2018 at 12:25 PM.