RCU Forums - View Single Post - Solutions for AMA's membership decline
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 02:35 PM
r ward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it has reached the status of what I call "dedicated niche" hobby. relatively small groups of dedicated people who for various reasons will continue to fly rc simply because they want to and the costs of regulatory memberships will not stop them until that same regulation physically stops the activity itself.....as long as the fees keep rolling in, the activity will continue,......it is really that simple. hopefully,.... it doesn't come to that end. I am 63 and just getting back into rc flying after being away from it since my late teens. I can now afford just about any regulatory fees that I might need to pay in order to enjoy this hobby and I want to be able to do it for several years. I am at the stage where the costs don't bother me when the alternative not being able to do the activity. the reality is that there isn't much one can do that doesn't incur some kind of permission oriented cost anymore,.....so be it,.... pay it, forget about it and get on with enjoying what you want to enjoy doing. you can waste a lot energy complaining about the cost of doing something you enjoy doing by bucking a system that will not be bucked, so just pay and play by the rules,....simple as that.... it is all that bucking and "solution searching" that will catalyze the decline in membership that will kill the activity.