RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:54 PM
johnboy151a
My Feedback: (68)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bettsmums
The maiden went very well. The plane flies like it is on rails and looks great in the air. The roll rate was excellent but I had to mix aileron into the rudder as the differential was not sufficient even with only 30% rate down. My left thumb is too lazy to always coordinate the rudder. The first day was flying on an 18-6 prop which is way to small for my power setup. I propped up to a 20-8 and there was still more left in the motor (1.8kw on the ground). The 20 inch prop looks too big so I settled for an 18-8 with a wider blade profile. I am pulling almost 1400 watts on the ground and can do 400 foot diameter loops from level flight. It flew equally well from asphalt or grass. I considered the Pica kit a bucket list kit to build but was a little disappointed in how much engineering was required to assemble everything. The finished result was well worth the work and I have received many comments about how good it looks.
What did you use for the white trim? Are they painted on or did you cut some decals for it? Looks great!
John

Last edited by johnboy151a; 04-24-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling