RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Joker build thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 04:09 PM
dccatl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Midas D.

Look What just landed on my building board
Picked up at the Prowing fair in Germany by a flying buddy of mine, Thanks Nokki and Melanie from Carf

Afther unpacking and inspecting the whole lot, again you realize why each time i unpack a model from Carf the Grin on my face goes beyond the moon.....
Just Excellent quality and completely-ness, Just Briljant!!!!

I got an K85 on order for it but after putting the whole lot on a scale i came to the following,
- Fuselage 1734
- Wing 1950
- Nose 160
- Stab 280
- Canopy 100
- gear controller and covers 120
- Included Hardware 255
- Tank 90
- Pipe 380
----------------------------------------------
Total weight 5069 Gr 5.069 KG

Hmmmmmm....

This make's me wonder if it wil stay under the 8.5 KG when fully ready and inc. full tank.....
So maybe go for the K100????
But this will add up the total weight with 500Gr, 0.5Kg according to KingTech specs, and fuel consumption will shoot up as well......
Saying all this, i think the K120 will come on the list then aswel, cause according to KingTech specs its just a Tat lighter, but then again a rise in fuel consumption, and will the airframe handle the load of a 120N??

Arrrggggg, what to do, cause i got to make an decision on the engine fast......

Please advise...

Cheers,

Ed

For what it's worth, I have about 70 flights on mine with a JetsMunt M100 xbl, plane is about 17 lbs dry. It's not a rocket by any stretch but more than fast enough in my opinion. I've maxed about 190 mph airspeed in level flight, but normally fly it much slower. The open intakes without ducts and a bypass generate a lot of drag and I believe limit the top end, but with a 100, vertical is virtually unlimited and I can get comfortable 7 min flights with enough fuel for a couple of go arounds. It's been a great flying plane for me, there's nothing within my flying capabilities that it won't do and it lands very easily and predictable.