RCU Forums - View Single Post - TopRCModel FW-190
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:18 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LBJ
Hi Guys, I highly recommend cutting off the bottom of the gear doors. If not cut, they will either get damaged when the struts compress or cause the model to flip over, especially on a grass field. The factory put marks on the doors to use as cut lines. These are scale marks too. Take a look at 3 view drawings to check for yourself. On the full scale aircraft, the door bottoms flipped up out of the way, best I can tell. This is similar to the Beech Stagger-Wing gear door mechanization. My 2 cents. This is a photo from the FW-190 I am putting together for a friend. Good luck. This is a great model.

They didn't flip out of the way like on the beech, the bottom portion slid along the outside of it. I agree with LBJ, if you don't make a fix, it will rip the gear doors off. here is a pic of the full scale, you can see the slide marks on the upper part of the door. I have cut mine, made a block for the bottom piece to hold onto and will thin out the detailed part of the upper door on the inside so the bottom piece can slide inside of it when the gear struts scissor. I also included a pic of where I cut it on mine.