RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:58 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Split the cowl along the sides, glue in a backer strip on the top part, of either plastic or a couple thin layers of plywood, then get a bunch of small screws and screw the bottom part to the top,
yes sir, I did think about that because some one here on the Saito page brought that up before, but I just don't want to take a chance and make a dumb thumbs and screw things up, so I wont be doing that, my OS 70Sz is lighter and I know the 2St's well, so I know I can make it preform

RC Specialties "Jim",
that's one slick job on that cowl, the Mustang's cowl sure isn't as flat, so as I said I don't want to mess it up, now if I could trade or sell my OS 70Sz for a good price I would be happy to buy another Saito, there is a lot of room in the Cowl so I'm sure the 125 would fit, and there is always a 125 for sale sooner or later, as I remember the 125's Cylinder is only 1mm longer than a FA100, the width is no problem inside this Cowl !

The FA-100Ti and FA-200Ti are both designed fir inverted mounting. That is why they have remote needle valves.
"remote needle valves" thanks for the info, I didn't notice that about the Ti engines

BTW guys, my FA 100 is/was marked, Center Punched for the drilling and taping, a wood jig has been made to hold the case to the mill/drill, I will be testing drilling and taping on bar of aluminum this week before drilling and tapping on the case,,, with that I don't think I will be able to get the drilling and tapping to a prefect 90% to the case (X&Y), but it will be close, when I drill I will be drilling at a .050" depth at a time and using a tooth brush on the drill and hole to keep the hole as clean as I can, same for taping,,, to add, the Tap will be very easy to align with the hole, because the Tap Wrench has a Center Hole, so after the hole is drilled I will just mount a Pin in the Drill Chuck and that pin will align the Tap,, slick huu

oh, I read years ago, when machining, drilling and taping Aluminum you can use just about any oil to keep the cutter, drill cool, I have tried it before many times with Gear Oil and it worked great

Jim