RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 Scale Pfalz DIIIa
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 03:12 PM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagdfleiger
Matt, You are doing a great job! Your Pfalz is going to look great. I'm very impressed with what you have accomplished so far. In fact, you have inspired me to consider doing a Pfalz. I ordered a set of plans from Arizona. But, I would never build it the way it is on the plans. I just wanted to see how Tom Polopink approached it. But, alas, that will have to wait. I am currently building a BUSA D.VII. My build thread is on RC Scale Builder https://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum...736&PN=1&TPN=1. Keep up the good work.

Rob
As it happens, I've been following and admiring your build. I considered putting my build on the RCSB forum but I don't think I'm reaching that level of scale fidelity yet. I considered the Polapink (Polopink?) plans but I really kind of wanted to roll my own. I've admired Tom Polapink's airplanes and studied the photos and videos. One challenge I've run into is working up a good set of drawings. The Wylam drawings have known errors and most of the drawings in various books start to have problems when you blow them up to quarter scale size. On the upside those books have a lot of photos and websites like Wingnut Wings and the Aerodrome have lots of useful info.