RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 02:52 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 757jonp
I've got some "so called" universal CDI kits that I picked up years ago somewhere. Looks like the trusty hose clamp method would work just fine. Basically just take the pickup and couple pieces of shrink tube to secure to it to the clamp and you're in business. Sent an email to Adrian looking for a couple 4 wire pickups that he uses on his ignition for triples. It's my understanding that he's the one that designed this ignition that Saito uses.
Adrian tried to explain the reverse polarity sequence trigger magnet to me years ago when he was working on the concept.

I have one of his early prototypes for my FA-512R3 HC CDI. (Higher compression methanol version of the FG-84R3)

I have been waiting for some pictures of the Ray English/Saito induction system and found some yesterday. It is time to take this project off the back burner

Some key features:

FA-180B cylinders on an FA-450R3 bottom end.

.032" deck reduction should yield approximately 12:1 CR.

FA-450R3 back plate threads enlarged to accept FA-180 intake gland nut allowing use of a 13 mm FA-220 Big bore carburetor.

Ray English induction concept.

I see no reason why this engine running on 16% nitro with 9% lube 75% methanol shouldn't produce in excess of 7 1/2 HP at significantly lower operating temperatures and less likelihood of detonation than the FG-90R3. I will try to run a 26 X 10 3-blade prop on an 85" WS TF FW-190A

It will be a bit thirsty but if power output has enough reserve, I can eliminate the nitro and improve fuel economy.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 05-19-2018 at 06:57 AM.