RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 01:54 PM
757jonp
My Feedback: (48)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You've boggled your mind totally unnecessarily Telemaster...

True, fuel is mixed by volume, but it can be expressed either by percentage or ratio. If I desire a 15:1 ratio of mix I need to look up on my chart how much oil by volume I need to mix to form one gallon of mixed fuel.

If I'm talking about the lubricity of gasoline vs methanol did you honestly think I was adding the oil first? Of course not!. Consider that the fine folks at Saito are plugging this engine as a "gas" engine with all the benefits thereof. IF gasoline has more base lubricity than that nasty methanol that we used to use, you're requirement for oil is reduced. Keep in mind that one of the selling points of a gas engine vs glow is it's cleaner, ie no or less nasty slime all over your shiny new airplane. Less oil equals less slime. (and before you point it out... I know, Klotz had the same ratio for gas vs meth, so this may be a moot point. Only slime will tell!)

I find it interesting that with the addition of CDI that our lube requirements all of a sudden become less critical. How did all that suddenly come about? Magic? Unboggle my mind if you would on that subject if you would sir!