RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hi all - new member looking for advice
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 04:08 PM
aerojack
My Feedback: (172)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by bhady
I taught myself to fly with a Sig LT-40. There was no one in the area for help. It's very stable and forgiving. I had several take-offs and landings that first day with no damage to the plane or my ego.
Haha LOL... I SEE YOUR STILL SPREADING THIS HOGWASH!!

Hey Brad you did NOT teach yourself to fly --- ( I taught you to fly....) Just to refresh your memory Brad, you were on the other end of my buddy cord on your first umpteen flights as I taught you to fly. Plus, not only did I each you but I also taught your son in law Brian to fly too! I had you both on a buddy cord many many times over the course of a few months. Then once you started to get the hang of it, I suggested you and Brian get yourselves the Realflight simulator to further better yourself before soloing a plane on your own.
Now as for myself, I did in FACT teach MYSELF to fly by smashing a Duraplane over and over again and again until I started to get the hang of it. Then I bought an Aerofly Pro Deluxe sim and finished my own training. It was a very long and tedious endeavor that spanned over a two year period, but I never gave up and today I fly a 43% 3.1 CARF Super Extra with a DA170, A Carden Edge 40% with a DA150, a 37.5% TOC Yak with a DA150, a Aeroworks 35% Ultimate with a DA100, a Horizon 35% 260 Extra with a DA100, A Chip Hyde Double Vision with a DA50. plus 4 more giants that are electrified with Hacker 50cc A60 motors, and many other 30cc's electrics plus a ton of foamies and have a beautiful 8x20 smooth sided trailer to pull it all around..... Yeah I'm bragging now, LOL ~Jack~