RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1
Old 05-21-2018, 06:04 PM
markusvt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would always rather a bit of a dive than a climb, (harder to push than to pull for me). I did get the maiden done today and got off a second flight before the wind kicked up. Stock travels seemed all good so far. I did mix in the nose gear at 80% of rudder, then took out another 25% at full throttle. I may tweak that a bit. 1/2 flaps and full flap settings seemed about right. With the K85 it leaps off the ground. 6 minute flights left a strong 1/4 tank left. Dive with the wind 211MPH, in the wind 195MPH. Dam fast! No wind level WOT I am guessing 190+. I have the Cortex pro in there with the steering servo at the 6th channel. 20% on low and 40% on high. It flew well without it also, but definitely more stable in the wind with it.I think I could go 25% for normal flying and 50% for takeoff and landing,

I may adjust it a bit. I am guessing landing flaps will need 4-6 clicks of down elevator or so to be perfect, but manageable with no down elevator programmed into flaps. First flight needed 1 click of right aileron and a few clicks of up elevator. My CG is a strong 190mm, shy on the 200mm for sure. Inverted she dropped the nose some and needed a bit of down elevator. I would guess 200mm would be close to neutral depending on how full the tank was, for landing and turns I'm not sure I would like it that neutral.

Build mostly straight forward, not exactly plug and play with everything but not far off. It tracks really, really nice, I was worried about nothing. It seems to fly nice and slow also, (for a jet).

I think I will plumb in the smoke as I think it can easily handle the weight.

Last edited by markusvt; 05-21-2018 at 07:54 PM.