RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into RC after 11 years absent
Old 05-23-2018, 05:20 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
The FASST system is genuinely faster, with quicker updates between signals. FASST radios generally are the flagship models with several extra features. All 2.4ghz systems have an ID code embedded in the signal. That's how they reject interference. However, I agree with you that most of us would never notice the difference in control speed between FHSS and FASST.
And, with your post, you validated mine. I was trying to show where you can save money and still get value, using the FHSS and FASST systems as an example. For $180, I can buy a Futaba FHSS 4PLS surface radio and receiver, three S9156 high torque digital servos at $130 each and a $35 LiFeSource 6.6V 2100mAh 10C battery pack, totaling $569.96. That is $10 less than the comparable FASST 4PX, at $580 for transmitter and receiver. I have to agree with you, that a few microseconds of faster response isn't going to be a big deal to anyone in this as a hobby. Heck, I even had to slow down and shorten my rudder throw on my boats to keep from over-controlling them in the corners. This is where programming can be important, as you stated in your post. Multiple model memories is another feature that comes in handy as it's cheaper to buy one transmitter and multiple receivers than it is to buy several radio sets so you can have one per model