RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Joker build thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Midas D.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morning Guy's,

Thanks for the heads up so far, but unfortunately no answer yet.

Can or Can't i stick the 2 wire power lead straight in to the receiver to drain power from there??

Indeed it is obvious where the servo wire's and gear door wires would go, but my Big Question mark here is the power that has to go to the box??

I would say and think i could take power from an empty servo slot on the receiver, but if the whole gearbox thing draws to many amp when operated it might cause a catastrophic failure on the whole RC and the joker ends up as an Joke in a garbage bag.........

So what to do,
- stick the power lead straight on to an 2 cel LiPo with a switch in between? (but then there is no regulated power supply then, and even worse, cause i don't know if there is an diode in the gear box, i could blow up the whole lot cause you would think as soon as you switch on the power supply to the box the receiver would be fed power from the gear box straight in 2 cell LiPo.....)
- Or stick it in the receiver and drain power from there? (but then how many amp's does the box draw ... cause this could make it loose voltage to servo's when you operate the gears caused by high amp draw....)

The obvious answer would be, set it up for a bench test in both configuration's but then this would tell you only the bare minimum cause there's nothing under load on a bench test, so amp draw from the servo's would be next to nothing.

Cheers,

Ed

Last edited by Midas D.; 05-28-2018 at 08:30 PM.