RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** Ultra Sport Brotherhood ***
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 05:28 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by paladin
cam, when I was doing liquid fuel I used dubro tanks because they don't have seams. I don't remember if the flex tanks have seams, but the reason no seams are so important is it will start to tear right at the stopper and leak. just an FYI.

I used to resize tanks by spraying pam on a cookie sheet, heating in the oven then pushing the end I wanted to resize down on the cookie sheet and leaving it to get solid again. some times it took a couple of these attempts to get it to fit. the cookie sheet lost heat fast so there was not a lot of working time. but the most important part was having a spare tank to get the temp right. I would put shavings on the tray and slowly bring the oven temp up till it melted the shavings but did not burn them. fyi again.

Joe
Thanks for the info! I have used the Sullivan Flex tanks A TON with YS engines in warbird racers and never had an issue with them yet. They do expand a lot when pressurized so when this one pressurizes it pushes against the canopy and takes up the slop and stops it’s from rattling so it’s actually good in this situation lol! This is the first one I’ve reshaped, I heated the end of it up with my heat gun and and the pressed it flat agains a piece of cold steel while it cooled just to give me a few extra millimeters of clearance lengthwise.