RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 04:10 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

F1, that is interesting. I was going by the CB200 manual, which does not show an ability to set a port to EX bus output. But I did not actually fire up the radio and run device explorer.. and SURE ENOUGH!!! .. you CAN set the 14/15 outputs to EX Bus. This is awesome! Dumb me for not checking the actual device and trusting the manual. Perhaps they never change the manual when they add features and you have to read the release notes..

And, thanks for the pointer to the Digitech devices. The plane I am retrofitting has a bunch of stuff (lights, brakes, retracts, ...) in a remote control board in the nose, currently fed by a single S-Bus line .. I have a SlinkE device (https://www.rconix.com/collections/s-bus-converters) that translates EXbus to Sbus .. so I am golden .. I just set 14 or 15 to EX out, then hang a SlinkE on it and feed the Sbus signals. I can even use the same channel numbers. I'll make sure to feed servo power instead of the EX output pin power. Perfect!

Jack, thanks for your insights as well. I did think about using the RX outputs directly, and I do understand the power limits .. but I did not like the idea that it only used one RX which sort of defeats the purpose of dual RXs with a CB. Agreed it would likely work just fine .. but not as elegant ...

This is RCU at its best :-) Thanks Guys!

Dave

Last edited by ww2birds; 05-31-2018 at 04:16 PM.