RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAFE Rx setup questions/concerns
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 08:57 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Last night I had an opportunity to enlist the assistance of a club officer and try out the wireless trainer link - the system is impressive in that it won't allow a student to over-pitch or over-bank the airplane and the airplane flies very well.

Way back when I was setting-up the airplane at home, I noticed significant drifting taking place on the rudder servo and a minor amount on the elevator servo; I tried to ignore this and thought it might be due to a weak battery pack - after adjustment for dead center, from what I can tell, it holds proper position - for a while.

After landing the airplane yesterday, the rudder was deflected at least 15 degrees to the left and hence the nose gear as well - I went so far as to change to a fresh battery with no change in the left rudder indication.

I can mechanically adjust the output arm and linkages to neutralize the rudder but its beginning to occur to me that I'm "chasing my tail".

For the record, I did re-bind the airplane at the field because I forgot there is a master switch on the side of the fuselage... duh. Is it possible my binding etiquette is not up to par and causing this drifting problem?

Is this a common problem or an isolated anomaly?