RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 03:29 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by impactiq
Duane,

Talk about neat as all heck!!!! I bet that the time you spent there went by very quickly!!! Did Helen mention what was to come of these planes since they are a piece of history?

Mark
This quote comes from one of the first posts on this thread in July 2009, (nine years ago), on page 1. I didn't know the answer, but I have always hoped that if and when Helen needed to find a home for Tom's planes, that I would be considered. Last week I received an e-mail from Helen telling me she was moving (downsizing), closer to her daughter's home and that Tom's planes needed a new home. I was very grateful that when the time came she thought of me and (naturally), I jumped at the chance when offered.

First, I want everyone who has followed this thread to know that, (in her late 80's), Helen is as healthy and active as ever, but after living in her home near Mt Clemens, Michigan for over 54 years, it just made more sense to relocate closer to family. Within three days of her email I was on the road to Michigan, and 1300+ miles later, the transition was complete. I can' hardly believe I'm able to refer to them any time up close at home. This opportunity also gives me the chance to comment further on the planes in this thread, and it opens up other possibilities. I'd like to thank Helen again for these past nine years, and the chance to get to know her, her family members, and of course see and learn more about Tom's planes over time. Thank you Helen for thinking of me--you've made me very happy. I actually feel more like I'm taking care of them for you as you downsize.

Duane.

Duane.