RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAFE Rx setup questions/concerns
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 06:07 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Understanding now that the pushrod cannot be growing longer and that the case on the pushrod wire is a stiffener for a solid wire only and not a guide tube.

Sub trim is all at 0.

The servo driver is a cheapo unit that has a neutral position that I'm taking for granted is 1.5 ms. The receiver does it's dance when starting up and the ailerons always seem rock solid - i.e. no drifting.

Servo spline center is something I conjured up to describe optimum position of the output arm/wheel to give - in this instance equidistant movement of the surface in both directions which ideally would mean the pushrod pivot point should be tangent to the arc of rotation or perpendicular to the output... oh never mind - I'm confusing myself here... I didn't know what else to call it.*

Recalling that some Airtronics and JR servos had a pot adjustment screw accessed through the center of the output shaft that allowed fine adjustment of servo output arm/wheel so that you could achieve a desired neutral point even if you were a half-spline off in either direction.*

*When indexing servo with output arm position as a reference for 1.5 milliseconds.

Sorry for my level of frustration and continued questions; wondering if the AR636 has SAFE because I really like the feature for training purposes.

Last edited by H5606; 06-10-2018 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Clarification