RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a trainer, what's available. (Updated 8-20-2011)
Old 06-13-2018, 03:34 PM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come to think of it, I've been satisfying that instant gratification situation for decades now. What I mean is anyone who I met in and out of my shop had a desire to learn to fly ASAP, human nature I imagine.
They didn't have to join a club or AMA, nor buy any equipment, just take my tx and have fun learning to fly my trainer.
I always had trainers ready to fly and on their first lesson, I got people flying, taking off and landing..with minimal assistance from me. That is how I kept my shop open for several years. I didn't get much help from the local clubs as they choose to buy mail order even though I matched mail order pricing.
I still have trainers ready to fly and when I get a call I meet them at the flying field, which is only 4 miles from my home. I offer them a free hour of instruction and if they want more, I suggest that they join one of the local clubs, if they live in the area.
Other than what I did, I guess there is nothing anyone can do to change the mindset of the instant gratification crowd.