RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-3 Pics and Build
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 06:11 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have an EA Shockwave for my “go fast” jet.

EA Shockwave ... quite possibly the best “go fast” sport jet on the market.

None of these aerobatic type jets are really built for all out speed but are still pretty fast of course ... most are certainly capable of the 200 mph AMA limit with a reasonable turbine choice. There is still plenty of adrenaline rush with the T-3, or T-1 for that matter if you want a smaller airframe.

I’m not worried about the internal drag on my T-3 ... I want as much as I can safely get actually. Mine is not fully bypassed and I removed my nose gear door. You could add a bypass if you really wanted to reduce the internal drag but the purpose of this airframe was never meant to be for all out speed.

It’s two completely different styles of flying really ... both of which are FUN!

I’m with you on the size ... the T-3 is a little larger than I really wanted but the T-1 is a little smaller than I wanted so I erred on the big side. A “T-2” would be perfect ... something that a 210N turbine would be the perfect match for. About the largest one-person jet possible which is what I love about the Shockwave size. I think EA recognized this in coming out with their Havoc SS. So who knows ... maybe T-One Models will develop a “T-2”! Hint, Hint!!

JS

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
I think you are correct about the fuselage drag and airfoil. I was thinking more about the internal drag. Not much ducting. The newer big sport jets look fun but I got in to jets because I like to fly fast and always worried that these big jets going 150mph, which will look even slower, would be fun but not get the juices flowing. Your numbers made me think again about that preconception. I like the T3. I'm not sure I really want a jet that big but it certainly is attractive.

Last edited by jsnipes; 06-20-2018 at 06:25 AM.