RCU Forums - View Single Post - FCC Fines Hobby King $2.8 Million Dollars
Old 06-20-2018, 07:27 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T.
I did read through the FCC missive and concur with your post. My point still stands that our government agencies are slow moving entities so Mr. Hand has ample time and legal resources to slow them further. His multiple companies are no different than US companies that build shells to disperse money and responsibilities making it difficult to track liabilities. If the FCC cracks hard it will probably be towards Hobby King which is the retail arm of his ventures. The satellites are out of reach because they don't sell direct.

Interesting to see how it plays out but it will take a while.
I am not so sure in this case Dick. They have given them nearly three years to comply and Hand more or less, gave Uncle Sam the finger. Granted the FCC is slow on some maters but they move much more quickly against corporate entities as opposed to ham and CB radios kinds of cases that can drag on for years.

As for legal resources, it looks as though Hobby King has one legal rep in the US, and that is far from the requisite muscle to go against the FCC since everyone on the commission is a lawyer. Hobby King is having yet another "everything must go" liquidation sale which is interesting. And lastly it appears as though they have either closed their New York PR shell, Indubidubly Inc. LLC, or the guy who was funning it just shut the doors and split the scene. I have a feeling Anthony's back is against the wall on this one. In order to avoid prosecution he will have to leave the US, if he hasn't already. He will also have to get rid of all of the US assets or the FCC can simply take them. Lets see how this plays out.