RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 08:45 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mark,

Over some past years I never really went to the trouble being a more helicopter flyer than an airplane of all of this finite balancing but it sure does make a difference in a non-motorized flight. Yesterday I made the final adjustments and took three finish nails and pushed into my lighter wing so I didn’t have to keep the aileron in there to hold the plane level. I got my battery CG where it belongs and then again installing the mix in the tail just made so much difference it’s explainable, so she is done. Last night before I was closing up shop I sat down and took a very strong look at my old Bixler with the broken vertical stabilizer and rudder but got crushed on my last trip to AZ. After watching some videos on how to straighten was boiling water and/or heat guns I think I can save the tail and router by inserting some toothpicks along with some heat down another phone with glue to hold it in its original position, that’s on my to do list first thing this morning while it’s cool. I have no idea how well flaps could really improve landing and even take offs, I found that out yesterday. I took a chance and put minimal flaps down and when I hand launched the Bixler instead of it going off dropping down like a plane does on an aircraft carrier dropping down and then going up.... it rather left my hand and just started to pull right up, I really liked that. While I am learning my new spectrum DX9 I noted there is a setting where you can input take off flaps on another switch so I may do that as well.
Good to hear your dad is coming for another stay. I’ll bet your son is really excited to be with this papa. With regard to your attic I did somewhat the same in mine. I took sheets of plywood ripped in 2 foot with and laid them down through the addict in between the trusses to make something comfortable to while on my knees get around up there. You’ll be happy you did this.
Here is a suggestion for an additional step if you don’t already have it for insulation on your garage door. These are jamb seals and I have been using them for years. They keep the cold air bugs, drafts and everything out. I am sure that the poly foam panels wil be a tremendous addition as well. I cannot even imagine what you went through to replace that water pump on the mustang holy crap what a job that became. But the upside is not only did you get a new water pump but you sealed the intake leak which gave me a little more burn rubber horse power LOL. Your transmission service Is something to really be proud of because most rancher’s or hot rodders don’t go to the transmission unless it’s a stick as they are straightforward. But getting into an automatic transmission with the screen in the pan and the filters the valve bodies and so on, you’re a pretty bold boy Mr. Mark is something to really be proud of because most rancher’s or hot rodders don’t go to the transmission unless it’s a stick as they are straightforward. But getting into an automatic transmission with the screen in the pan and the filters the valve bodies and so on, you’re a pretty bold boy Mr. Mark, kudos to you my friend. Once again digging into the rear end and changing your gear ratio is a big job but it is relatively simple it’s just a lot of steps. Just be sure that when you set the lash up between the ring in pinon that you use the appropriate thrust washers so the mesh between the two gears is spot on that’s where lotta guys make mistakes. And as far as the tools you may need and I don’t know if these are included but our O’Reilly automotive supply loans a huge amount of tools out when you buy materials from them at no charge! I was in the other day getting something I made got a sheet on the counter that’s probably his biggest three sheets of 8 x 10 paper was a myriad of tools for ball joints for spring compression for popping wheel axles and wheelbearings pretty incredible so take a look there or at your local parts house.

OK I bored you enough I’ll let you go good luck on your projects, enjoy your dad and his company.

Last edited by JPEE; 06-23-2018 at 08:50 AM.